If you are interested in being considered for the Board of Directors, please CLICK HERE to complete the application by Sunday, April 25, 2021 at midnight (ET.)
Things to know about serving on the HGSC Board of Directors:
- Directors serve two-year terms and are able to run for reelection as many times as they wish.
- Director candidates are nominated in April of each year and run in an election in May.
- Once elected to the Board, Directors are expected to attend 1 hour monthly board meetings via teleconference.
- At the annual Commencement meeting, the Board elects the Co-Chairs (essentially a President and Vice-President) for the upcoming year.
Directors are tasked with 1 or more "portfolios" of work:
- Governance: board nominations and elections, diversity and inclusion
- Chapters: coordination of the HGSC's regional chapters around the world
- Events: Planning of virtual and in-person programming throughout the year
- Communications: management of email and social media (primarily Facebook)
- Operations: primarily responsible for managing the HGSC website
- Annual Dinner: plans the flagship event, which takes place on campus on Commencement Day each year
- Directors are encouraged to share their ideas (some of which may not fall under any one committee) and run with them.
The ideal BoD candidate is someone who is proactive and can work independently once projects/tasks have been discussed/assigned.